The new site for Changshou Sub-district Community Health Service Center was put to use on Sunday.
Medical experts from Shanghai Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital and East Chna Hospital were invited to attend the opening ceremony and gave free consultation to local residents.
Online registration and payment are available here at the center and it will soon invite doctors from major hospitals in the city to provide medical services to local residents on a regular basis.
First built in 1927 and located on No. 170, Changshou Road, the historical venue is where Soong Ching Ling founded the International Peace Maternity and Child Health Hospital. It now continues to serve the cause of health for the community.