Putuo District Bureau of Planning and Land Administration
Putuo District Bureau of Planning and Land Administration is an administrative authority of the Putuo District People's Government in charge of the archival works of city planning, place-names and city construction, with the business leaded by the Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Planning and Land Administration. Its main duties are as follows:
1. publicizing and implementing the national and municipal laws, regulations and policies of the archival works of city planning, place-names and city construction and conducting the integrated management of the major business;
2. drawing up, compiling and submitting various detailed plans of Putuo for approval in accordance with the overall city planning of Shanghai, various districts' planning and Putuo's own plan of economic and social development;
3. taking charge of the planning of all construction projects and the management of buildings; verifying and issuing the "Opinions of Location of Construction Projects", the "Planning Permits on Land for Construction Use" and the "Planning Permits on Construction Works"; verifying and ratifying the proportion of public auxiliary facilities and coordinating the planning and the overall consideration;
4. taking charge of the supervision on the planning and supervision and the management after approval of all construction activities; investigating and imposing punishment on all the unauthorized buildings;
5. taking charge of the management on naming and changes of place names and the submission of them for approval; dealing with the activities against the regulations of place-name administration according to laws;
6. taking charge of collecting and managing the documents of all the completed city construction projects of Putuo; dealing with the activities against the regulations of management on city construction files according to laws; and
7. achieving all tasks assigned by the Putuo District People's Government and the superior authorities.
Putuo Environmental Protection Bureau
1. implementing the guidelines, policies, laws, regulations and rules of environmental protection, formulating the opinion on implementing the policies and regulations of environmental protection of Putuo District and organizing the implementation of relevant laws, regulations and policies;
2. studying and formulating Putuo's medium-and-long-term program and annual plan of environmental protection according to the overall plan of the economic and social development of Putuo and organizing the implementation; participating in formulating the plan of national economy and social development, the plan of national land and the overall plan of region and urban area; jointly compiling the control plan and decrease plan of total amount of the pollutant emission of Putuo with relevant authorities; coordinating to solve the significant problems in the environmental protection work;
3. taking charge of the supervision and management on prevention and control of the pollution such as atmosphere, water, soil, noise, radiation, solid waste, toxic chemicals and motor vehicles, etc.; pushing on the adjustment of energy structure; taking charge of the environmental protection work of preventing the pollution and damage towards the rivers done by the land-based pollutant;
4. taking charge of the organization, coordination and implementation of Putuo's comprehensive environmental treatment;
5. supervising the development and usage of natural resources having influence on the urban ecological environment, the construction of important ecological environment and the resumption of the ecological environmental damage; supervising and inspecting the protection of bio-diversity and wildlife; managing the security of bio-technology environment; directing the construction of ecological demonstration areas;
6. investigating and dealing with the environmental pollution accidents and the ecological damage incidents; coordinating and handling the disputes over environmental pollution; taking charge of the environmental supervision and the administrative inspection on environmental protection; jointly conducting the management on the funds for treatment of pollution sources with relevant authorities; organizing and carrying out the inspection of law enforcement of Putuo's environmental protection;
7. organizing the implementation of management on the standards of environmental quality, pollutant emission and total amount control;
8. organizing and implementing various management systems of the application for pollutant emission, the license of pollutant emission, the charge of pollutant emission and the appraisal of environmental influence and implementing supervision and management towards the emissions of various kinds of pollutants; examining and approving the construction projects, the technology innovation projects, the reports on environmental influences of regional developments, the report forms and the registration forms of Putuo;
9. taking charge of the environmental monitoring, statistics and information; implementing the system of environmental monitoring and the standard management on the environmental monitoring net of Putuo; organizing and implementing the construction of environmental information technology;
10. jointly organizing the scientific and technological research, scientific study and information communication of environmental protection with relevant authorities; directing and promoting the development of the environmental protection industry;
11. carrying out the education of environmental protection, strengthening the sense of environment and the environment-friendly moral notion of the social organizations and the public; pushing the public and the non-governmental organizations to participate in the environmental protection; accepting and handling the foreign issues of environmental protection upon entrustment by the Putuo District People's Government (the Government) and the Shanghai Environmental Protection Bureau (Shanghai Bureau);
12. participating in the supervision and management of security of the radiation environment and the environment of radioactive waste; participating in the emergency treatment on the radiation environment and the radiation accidents;
13. taking charge of the proceedings of the administrative litigation; and
14. undertaking other issues assigned by the Government and the Shanghai Bureau.
Putuo District Justice Bureau
1. To carry out laws, regulations, rules, policies and normative documents related to the judicial administration of the State, the Municipality and the District, and to formulate the working plans and annual plans of regional judicial administration and organize the implementation;
2. To formulate the plans on the propaganda and education of the legal system and on the popularization of legal knowledge, and organize the implementation; to be responsible for the duties of the leading group office for regional propaganda and education of the legal system;
3. To supervise and administrate local lawyers' work, direct and coordinate the government's legal counsel; to plan and administrate local social and legal service agencies and be responsible for the acceptance and preliminary review of the application for practicing license by local lawyers and law firms;
4. To administrate and instruct local notarization agencies and relevant professional activities;
5. To administrate and instruct regional work of legal aid, people's mediation organization and basic-level legal service, and cooperate with the “110” public security organs and judicial authorities;
6. To administrate the team development of basic-level judicial offices, and instruct and appraise their work jointly with relevant authorities;
7. To direct the resettlement, help and education also community correction for persons released from sentence and reeducation through labor within 5 years jointly with relevant authorities; to be responsible for the routine work of the leading group of the Putuo District Comprehensive Management Commission for the resettlement, help and education of persons released from sentence and the leading group of community correction in Putuo District;
8. To be responsible for the administrative reconsideration, litigation and punishment of local judicial administration;
9. To administrate the team development of local judicial administration cadres and legal service workers;
10. To undertake other issues assigned by the District Government.
Putuo District Civil Affairs Bureau
The Putuo District Civil Affairs Bureau is a working department in charge of regional social administrative affairs, mainly including the following aspects: disaster relief and help-the-poor; basic-level regime building and administrative division management; favorable treatment and pension, preferential treatment for families of servicemen and martyrs; placement of retired servicemen and veterans; social welfare service; welfare production; marriage and adoption registration; mortuary management; registration and management of civil organizations; relief management of vagrants and beggars; protection of rights and interests of the aged, and other work related to the aged; other work.
Science & Technology Commission of Putuo District
(1) implementing the national and municipal guidelines, policies, laws, regulations and rules related to the work of science and technology, information technology and intellectual property rights; studying and drafting the corresponding supporting policies and measures combined with the actual situation of Putuo;
(2) studying out the medium-and-long-term development plan of science and technology, information technology and intellectual property rights of Putuo according to the overall plan of the economic and social development of Putuo; drafting the special development plan of science and technology industry and information industry; formulating the annual work plan and conducting the organization and implementation of it;
(3) taking charge of the construction of management mechanism of science and technology of Putuo, accelerating the advance of the regional science and technology and promoting the sustainable development of economy and society of Putuo based on the progress of science and technology;
(4) taking charge of the construction of the regional system of public service platform of science and technology and information technology and continuously improving the regional environment of innovation;
(5) taking charge of the direction and coordination of the development of Putuo's industrial park of science and technology and information technology, the corresponding management and service of Putuo's enterprises of science and technology industry and information industry; taking charge of the statistics and information disclosure related to the regional development of science and technology;
(6) taking charge of driving the regional hi-tech achievement transformation, assisting relevant municipal authorities in the confirmation of the regional hi-tech achievement transformation and coordinating the policy implementation of the project of hi-tech achievement transformation; taking charge of the registration of regional scientific and technological achievement, the management of Putuo's technology market, the registration of technology contracts and the management of arbitration concerning the disputes over technology contracts;
(7) taking charge of the application, recommendation, management and implementation of various special plans of science and technology at the national or municipal levels of Putuo, assisting relevant national and municipal authorities in the regulation towards the projects; taking charge of the formulation and implementation of Putuo's special plans of science and technology;
(8) taking charge of the cultivation of hi-tech enterprises, “Little Giant” enterprises in scientific and technological fields and software enterprises of Putuo and assisting relevant municipal authorities in the application, reorganization, re-examination and statistics of Putuo's hi-tech enterprises, software enterprises and other enterprises;
(9) taking charge of the application and recommendation of relevant national and municipal rewards in the region; taking charge of the application, examination and encouragement of various awards related to science and technology and information technology;
(10) taking charge of formulating the science popularization plan of Putuo and organizing the implementation; taking charge of the construction of regional science popularization facilities to increase the ability of science popularization; directing relevant authorities to carry out the activities of science popularization to improve regional citizens' scientific qualities; undertaking the daily work of the joint conference of science popularization of Putuo and the leading group of the scientific qualities work of Putuo's citizens;
(11) taking charge of Putuo's information security work and organizing and coordinating the establishment of information security system; taking charge of the organization and coordination, the publicity and direction and the supervision and inspection of information security; organizing and implementing the work of publicity, training and popularization of Putuo's information technology; directing and coordinating the formation of the rules of Putuo's infrastructure of information technology and making efforts for the work of coordination and organization of the plan and construction of information technology infrastructure; cooperating in the connection and implementation of relevant municipal significant projects of information technology, practical projects and application system of line-information technology;
(12) taking charge of the pre-examination and pre-approval of information technology projects within the financial budget of Putuo; taking charge of the advance of Putuo's e-governance and the organization and advance of community information technology and enterprise information technology; promoting the information technology application in various social and economic fields; taking charge of coordination and management of sharing social public information resources;
(13) taking charge of coordinating the implementation of laws, regulations and policies of intellectual property rights in Putuo; taking charge of the management and service of regional application, maintenance and protection of patents; assisting the Shanghai Intellectual Property Administration in conducting the administrative enforcement of patents; undertaking the daily work of the joint conference on intellectual property rights of Putuo;
(14) cooperating with relevant authorities in management and supervision towards all-level funds for development of science and technology of Putuo;
(15) pushing on the establishment of social credit system covering all aspects of social and economic life for individuals and enterprises; organizing and coordinating the exploitation and the share of credit information resources;
(16) taking charge of dealing with relevant administrative litigations and reconsiderations;
(17) taking charge of examination and management of registration of the people-run non-enterprise sci-tech units; and
(18) undertaking other issues assigned by the Putuo District People's Government.
Putuo District Education Bureau
1. implementing the national and municipal laws, regulations, rules, guidelines and policies related to education;
2. taking charge of formulating Putuo's development plan of educational business and annual work plan and organizing the implementation of the plans;
3. taking charge of the administrative management on primary schools, secondary schools, kindergartens, vocational technology schools, adult education schools and other educational institutions;
4. compiling the enrolment plans and the graduate distribution plans of various schools at all levels and organizing the implementation of the plans;
5. implementing the national and municipal guidelines, policies and regulations related to the educational expenses, funding and infrastructure investments; conducting the overall arrangement for and management on various educational expenses; taking charge of the management on donations to schools;
6. taking charge of directing the reform of the system of internal management of schools, planning and taking charge of the establishment of teams of various teachers and educational administrative cadres; formulating and implementing the rules and measures of praising and rewarding the excellent teachers and educators; taking charge of evaluation, appointment and dismissal of various major officials and cadres of schools according to the cadre management authorization and procedures;
7. directing the works of politics, moral, education, sports and hygiene, aesthetic education, security, labor and technique education and national defense education of various schools; cooperating with relevant authorities in protecting the physical and mental health of minor students; ensuring the legitimate rights and interests of minor students;
8. jointly conducting the overall program for the life-long education system of Putuo with relevant authorities; directing relevant organization work of association; promoting the construction of learning society;
9. organizing the educational supervision and direction and improving the qualities of running schools; organizing the work of educational and scientific research, promoting the achievement of educational and scientific research, promoting the use of modern educational technology and increasing the profit of running schools;
10. taking charge of assets management of schools, planning the basic construction of school buildings and improving the conditions for school operation;
11. taking charge of verification, supervision and management of the institutions who conducts school operation with social power;
12. taking charge of the communication and cooperation work of international education; and
13. undertaking other issues assigned by the Putuo District People's Government.
Putuo District Commission of Commerce
The Putuo District Commission of Commerce is a working organ of the District Government, taking charge of regional industrial and commercial economics. It shoulders the duties of “industrial development, economic performance, technical progress and market prosperity” for regional industrial and business economics, mainly including:
1. To seriously carry out the guidelines, policies and laws, rules and regulations of the State, the Municipality and the District related to industrial and business economics, and to study and organize the implementation in combination with the actual situation in Putuo District.
2. To formulate and organize the implementation of the medium and long term development plans for regional industrial and commercial economics according to the state industrial policy and the general planning of municipal and regional economy also the social development, and to monitor and analyze the quality and trend of economic performance. Market orientation shall be applied to propel the structural adjustment and optimization, promote the energy level and coordinate the regional economy for sound development.
3. To instruct and coordinate the industrial development, energy level promotion and major project solution for regional industry and commerce, so as to improve the enterprise competitiveness; to instruct and coordinate the optimization of industry chain management for industrial and commercial enterprises, so as to promote the innovation and perfection of circulation industry situation and organization.
4. To track and study international and domestic industry development trends, support and coordinate technical innovation for local industrial and commercial enterprises, and promote the technical progress of enterprises and the protection of proprietary intellectual property rights, thus propelling the construction and development of key industry, municipal industry and rising industry, and organizing the industrial and commercial cooperation and exchange at home and abroad.
5. To organize the implementation of industrial distribution adjustment, old industrial area reconstruction and industrial upgrade according to the general urban development plan of the Municipality and the District and the direction and policy of industrial development, and to formulate the medium and long term plans for the construction of local industrial area and attract investment for the industrial area.
6. To coordinate with relevant department to carry out classified instruction and appraisal to industrial and commercial enterprises, and ensure the safety and stability; to instruct and propel the saving and comprehensive utilization of energy and raw material; to supervise, coordinate and inspect industrial and commercial pollution treatment and environment protection, and assist in the verification and reporting of the "three wastes (waste gas, waste water and waste residues)" project of industrial enterprises, thus promoting the development of environmental protection industry.
7. To study and carry out the codes of practice, regulations and standards for industrial and commercial enterprises, organize and instruct industry management, so as to promote the development of medium and small-sized enterprises; to lead and organize relevant district departments to rectify and standardize the order of the market economy and build the market environment with fair competition.
8. To establish the market prediction and early-warning mechanism, lead and formulate the measures for important material reserve, and supervise the management; to standardize the order of product circulation, advocate the commercial integrity, monitor the market development and coordinate the market performance of coping with instant events and major problems; to study and work out regional market plan and ensure the implementation of the governmental plan of “practical projects”, thus promote the industry situation adjustment and planning construction for community commerce.
9. To promote the development of modern services for production and life such as technical service, counseling, engineering equipment supporting, food and dining, pawn, auction, lease, exhibition, etc.
10. To carry out the guidelines, policies and laws, rules and regulations related to grain distribution and reserve, and strengthen the management of grain and vegetable oil supply and ensure the stability of the grain and vegetable oil markets; to be responsible for the monopoly of alcohol and tobacco sale and the management of salt.
11. To be responsible for the management of regional tourism market; to work out, coordinate and implement the regional tourism plan, develop and integrate regional tourism resources; to instruct and supervise tourism enterprises, rectify and standardize the operation of tourism market.
12. To be responsible for the overall appraisal of the economic operation and business management of local industries, commercial groups and companies, and for the overall management of local state-owned assets operation sites; to promote and instruct the reform and restructuring also stability of local industrial and commercial enterprises; to cooperate with enterprises and units in the talent introduction and training, enhance professional training and improve the overall competence of staff and workers.
13. To be responsible for formulating the annual plan and medium and long term development plans for the management of foreign investment/trade/economy and three kinds of foreign-funded enterprises, as well as foreign affairs of economics and trade, and for supervising the implementation.
14. To examine and verify the state incentive foreign-funded projects under US$30 million and permissible foreign-funded projects under US$10 million on behalf of the District Government, and handle relevant procedures for the approval, the issuance of the approval certificate, the cancellation of business suspension, etc.
15. To administrate three kinds of foreign-funded enterprises in Putuo District according to law; to instruct and serve for enterprises' disbursement rate and the rate of foreign exchange generation from export; to be responsible for the examination and verification of enterprises' imported equipments and foreign merchants' entrance, as well as the statistics of enterprise operation; to be responsible for the confirmation and reporting also annual appraisal of “export enterprises” and “technologically advanced enterprises”.
16. To carry out centralized management by specialized departments, instruction, coordination and service towards foreign economy and trade of local enterprises and business organizations, and handle the reporting of the proprietary import-export right in foreign trade.
17. To be responsible for the implementation of regional production plans for foreign trade, and for the verification of processing and trade contracts and productivity certificate for three kinds of foreign-funded enterprises and local foreign trade enterprises.
18. To be responsible for the preliminary review and the reporting for approval of going-abroad due to economics and trade.
19. To develop regional advantages, instruct and assist enterprises in contact, coordination and investigation of overseas investment projects, as well as the reporting procedures for approval.
20. To gradually build a full range of service system, improve the work efficiency and the service level; to perfect the investment environment, strengthen the foreign investment utilization and optimize the industrial structure, so as to further enhance the export orientation of regional economics.
21. To be responsible for the work of party building and labor union of foreign investment enterprises (sole proprietorship), and for the coordination and solution to various disputes and conflicts of three kinds of foreign-funded enterprises.
22. To undertake other issues assigned by the District Committee, the District Government and the superior competent authorities.
The Putuo District Development and Reform Commission
1. putting forward medium-term and long-term plans of economic and social development in Putuo District; working out relevant policies; formulating annual, medium-term and long-term plans of economic and social development in Putuo District.
2. studying and formulating the implementation scheme of industrial policies as well as the adjustment and planning of industrial structures in Putuo with relevant district authorities; coordinating and supervising the implementation; rationalizing the industrial structure in Putuo.
3. working out the general planning of state-owned land development, rectification and protection in Putuo District; formulating and implementing the plan of sustainable development of population, economy, society, resource and environment in Putuo.
4. guiding the establishment of the market system in Putuo District; formulating the comprehensive development plan, general layout and major control measures of the big markets in Putuo; enhancing the marketization and improving the market organization in Putuo.
5. examining and verifying the foreign investment projects of not more than US$10 million encouraged and permitted by the state; handling relevant procedures for written replies, issuance of approval certificates as well as shutdown of enterprises and cancellation of enterprises' registration; guiding and assisting Putuo's enterprises with contact, coordination and investigation for overseas investment projects as well as filing and approval procedures.
6. comprehensively balancing the total production size, investment structure and capital resource of the fixed assets investment in the whole district; formulating the annual plan as well as medium to long-term program for fixed assets investment; coordinating to draw out the remising, tender and auction plan of Putuo's land use rights; specifying conditions for the construction projects on land lots; handling planned approval documents of and applications for investment projects; conducting implementation, tracking, coordination and services for investment plans.
7. cooperating with relevant authorities in studying and formulating the science and technology development plan as well as putting forward the development direction, development focus and relevant measures; boosting industrialization of hi-tech fruits.
8. studying the bottlenecks, hot issues and key issues in the development of social undertakings (including education, culture, sanitation, sports, population and social security); coordinating the relation between the social undertakings development and the economic development.
9. comprehensively coordinating and managing market intermediaries including the economic verification intermediaries; coordinating the relations among governmental authorities, intermediary trade unions and market intermediaries; conducting daily supervision and management on market intermediaries with registration and regulation authorities as well as business-related regulation authorities.
10. taking charge of the economic system reform in Putuo District.
11. handling other issues assigned by the Putuo District Government and superior authorities.
General Office of Putuo District People's Government
1. To organize the drafting of and verify documents published in the name of the District Government or the General Office according to the requirements of heads of the District Government;
2. To be responsible for the preparation for the District Government's meetings and assist heads of the District Government in organizing the implementation of decisions at the meetings;
3. To study and verify issues requested by all departments, sub-district administrative offices and town governments to the District Government for instructions, propose the contemplated opinions and submit to heads of the District Government for examination and approval;
4. To urge all departments of the District Government, sub-district administrative offices and town governments to implement the vital documents from the Sate Council, the Municipal Government and the District Government, the decisions at the District Government's meetings and the important instructions by heads of the District Government, and inspect relevant situation;
5. To be responsible for the handling of the written opinions from the Municipal and District NPC members and the proposals from members of the Municipal and District CPPCC National Committee, and for the supervision and handling of important tasks of the District Government;
6. To organize the investigation for access to information and reflection of situation, and table proposals according to the requirements of the work centrality in different time and heads of the District Government; to be responsible for drafting the “Government Work Report” and participating in the drafting of documents at relevant conferences of the District Government;
7. To be responsible for the contact with all departments of the District Government, sub-district administrative offices and town governments and to assist heads of the District Government in handling major problems reported by all departments, sub-district administrative offices and town governments to the District Government;
8. To be responsible for accepting, inspecting and instructing letters and visits from the people to the District Party Committee and Government in Putuo District, and for urging the District Government's relevant departments, sub-district administrative offices and town governments to handle letters and visits from the people and conducting the coordination, mediation and stability control of relevant destabilizing factors;
9. To be responsible for the routine work of the District Emergency Committee and the duty work of the District Government, and report relevant important circumstances to the Municipal and District governments in time and assist in organizing and handling instant events or major accidents which need the District Government's direct disposal;
10. To be responsible for the management and coordination of foreign cooperation and exchange and partner assistance of the District Government;
11. To be responsible for the organization, coordination and management of large regional activities of the District Government's system;
12. To be responsible for the publicity of government affairs and information and for acceptance of “Window of District Chief”;
13. To be responsible for the management and service of regional foreign affairs;
14. To be responsible for the supervision over the enforcement of administrative laws and the verification and filing of normative documents, handle and instruct the administrative reconsideration and appearance, and conduct the planning, coordination, supervision, administration and service for the legal system of the District Government;
15. To be responsible for the instruction and support of the district's institutional affairs and the management, guarantee and support of the administrative affairs of organs at the district level;
16. To be responsible for the reception of visits from delegation of fraternal provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions, and for the organization and contact of visits by the District Government's delegation to other provinces and municipalities;
17. To undertake other issues assigned by heads of the District Government.