Enrollment of overseas elementary and secondary school students
Overseas elementary and secondary school students
1. Overseas elementary and secondary school students should be right-age and healthy foreign nationals with ordinary passports.
2. Foreign students whose parents reside permanently in Shanghai or those whose parents officially entrust foreigners with permanent residence in Shanghai or Chinese citizens with Shanghai hukou as their statutory guardians.
1. Written application by foreign students and their guardians.
2. Passports, visas and other identification papers of foreign students and their guardians.
Elementary and secondary schools qualified to enroll foreign students
Time of application
Elementary school: May
Secondary school: June
By June 30th (unless the documents regarding student enrollment at compulsory education stage issued by the Municipal Commission of Education says otherwise)
1. Foreign students and their guardians file a written application and relevant materials to a qualified school.
2. The school reviews the materials.
3. The school applies for a Visa Application for Study in China form from the Municipal Commission of Education, go through necessary procedures, and enrolls the student.
Rules for the Implementation of the Management of Foreign Students Enrollment of Elementary and Secondary Schools in Shanghai
Schools qualified to enroll foreign students in the district:
1. Shanghai Jinyuan Senior High School
2. Shanghai Ganquan Foreign Languages Middle School
3. Shanghai Peijia Bilingual School
4. Shanghai Jinhua Private Middle School